Scroll down to reveal more information on carpet and hardwood floors.
Vacuum cleaners have been one of the best help that most households can get when it comes to everyday cleaning. The ease of operation and its added features are what make it versatile for cleaning areas around the house.
When it comes to buying a new vacuum cleaner, there are many things that have to be considered, and with many brands available in the market, it will definitely require some time to choose which one will work best for your needs.
The most common surface that vacuum cleaners are used for would be the carpets or hardwood floors. Different houses have different set up this is why having a versatile cleaning equipment is a must so that you also get to save on buying different cleaners for specific areas.
In this article, we will be looking at some of the best vacuum for carpet and hardwood floors. We will include its features as well as where to get them that offers the best price offer.
So if you are currently looking for one right now, then you’ve come to the right place.
A Quick feature on Top 6 Best Vacuum for Carpet and Hardwood Floors
- Dyson V6 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum: It features a two cleaner heads that are great for all types of cleaning. It works best for both carpeted areas as well as hardwood surfaces. It has HEPA filtration and provides up to 20 minutes of continuous use.
- Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum: On the other hand, This one is another great cleaning equipment from Dyson. This cordless vacuum cleaner gives the users a hassle free cleaning as it makes going around the house easier with no cords to worry about.
- Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum: It’s a lightweight vacuum cleaner which reduced tired hands when cleaning the household. It works great on both carpets and bare floors as well. While cleaning the ceiling could also be done without too much weight to carry.
- Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Vacuum: It uses a deep cleaning technology which never loses suction. It also features an anti allergen complete set with large capacity canister. The canister can also be attached for portable cleaning around the house.
- Hoover Air Cordless Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner: It has a special WindTunnel 3 Technology that ensures all deep down dirt is removed. It’s reusable Easy Rinse Filter makes cleaning effectively all the time by not having to buy a new one all the time.
- Bissel 9595A Vacuum: It Is not only designed for carpets and hardwood floor surfaces but can also clean the stairs. It is lightweight and has a powerful suction that is best for cleaning furniture, upholstery and more with the use of its TurboBrush tool.
Comparison table For Best Vacuum for Carpet and Hardwood Floors 2017
#1. Dyson V6 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum
This vacuum cleaner is a hand held bagless unit that can easily be used in homes. It weighs 5 lbs and a majority of the weight comes from the handle. It is a cordless stick vacuum cleaner which provides more mobility without having to worry about the cord around the floor area.
It is an all around cleaning machine that has dust filtration system which is a great feature especially when there are members of the family who may have some allergy problems.
The Dyson V6 Absolute Cord-free Vacuum runs for about 20 minutes of full power with its motorized turbo head.
It has a turbo brush that is dedicated to carpeted areas while there is also one a head cleaner specifically for hardwood surfaces. This cleaning equipment also functions well when cleaning stairs and upholstery using its smaller motorized head.
It carries HEPA filtration that is placed at the end of the cleaner. The dust bin can only accommodate 0.105 gallons which are not that huge at all, however, the cleaning part of it is very easy.
Aside from this, what makes this product one of the best Vacuum for carpet would not only be the features that it provides but also on how easy it is to assemble the unit. You can hear a clicking sound that you would hear that would let you know that they are properly attached.
On the other hand, the noise it produces is very tolerable unless you shift to Boost Mode which would add more noise to the vacuum cleaner.
#2. Dyson V6 Cord Free & Hassle Free Vacuum
While there is always a great value for using heavy duty vacuum cleaners especially for big houses, the Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum works the other way around, ideally. Its light weight feature is great for cleaning smaller houses that may have some hard to reach areas. This cleaning equipment can be maneuvered using one hand and it would tire that much. Going under the furniture, cleaning upholsteries as well up reaching for the ceiling can easily be done without too much stress.
Aside from its great design, the Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum also comes with a wall mounted docking station which makes it better when it comes to storage.
And since it’s lightweight, it can easily be used anytime that you need it. It can work straight for up to 20 minutes with its v6 motor that spins up to 110,000 times pm. This makes it a great choice for those who live in smaller places or flats where in the cleaning can be done in a few.
Its power button is also designed to be more efficient and battery saving as it does not have the usual on and off button.
Users would have to hold down the power trigger to ensure that the machine is not left running even when not in use. the 0.4-litre dust capacity could be one of the things that can be improved, however, considering its weight, portability and easy cleaning features, you will find it just enough for smaller space living.
#3. Shark Rocket Ultra (HV302)- Lightest Upright Vacuum
This particular vacuum cleaner can also be considered as one of the best vacuum for carpet and hardwood floors mainly because of its great features such as weight, versatility, and affordability. It weighs 4.2 pounds without the attachments which are also basically lightweight as well. The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum may be cordless unlike other brands of the same category but with a full length of 27 feet, it would still be easy to go around the house freely.
On the other hand, it works on both carpeted areas and hardwood floors. The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum has two cleaning modes where in the first one is for cleaning bare floors while the second mode would be for carpet cleaning. A brush roll is activated in the second mode to ensure deeper cleaning especially made for carpeted areas.
The size of the nozzle is 10.5 inches and 3ft tall. It also reclines completely which makes it great for reaching areas such as under the furniture at home. When it comes to storing the machine, a wall dock is also available for easier storage.
The Shark Rocket also has a powerful motor that has 500 watts which make it good equipment for suctioning dirt. And with its 0.118 gallons, it can also accommodate most small houses or about 2 to 3 rooms. Accessories that are included in the package would be the dusting brush, crevice tool, pet upholstery tool, car detail kit, dust away hard floor attachment and the accessory bag.
#4. Shark Navigator Lift (NV370) – Away Professional Vacuum
One of the best things that this vacuum cleaner can offer their users would be its Swivel Steering. There are times where in maneuvering the cleaner is hard especially if there are so many areas that need to be attended. However, with the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Vacuum, it features a heavy duty swivel wheels that makes turning around in every direction easier for the user.
This vacuum also has 1200 watts Deep Carpet Cleaning Technology where in it also makes it a great tool for cleaning carpets.
Its powerful motor helps suck all kinds of dirt effectively which can also be used in walls and corners of the house. The microfiber pad that is included works on cleaning visible debris, aside from this, a pet attachment is also available to ensure that you can also use the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Vacuum for clearing out pet hair even on carpeted stairs.
It’s Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology together with its HEPA filtration can suck all the dust and allergens in the house and keep them trapped in the vacuum’s bin. With 99.9% reliability, this is definitely a great choice for those who have kids at home who may be suffering from allergies.
#5. Hoover Air Cordless Series Bagless (BH50140/BH50121) – Upright Vacuum Cleaner
One of the most eye catching designs that you will find when it comes to vacuum cleaner would be the Hoover Air Cordless Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner. It looks futuristic with great technology features, and luckily, it really does the most of what it is expected to do when you get to use it.
This full sized cleaning equipment has 1.05 liters capacity which can really store a lot of debris which means you do not have to empty the bin every now and then.
This vacuum can last for about 50 minutes of cleaning time since the product offers two Lithium batteries. This could give an estimate of around 2,500 square foot area or a huge house for comparison. When charging the batteries, a LED light will indicate if the charging is done.
Aside from these great features, the Hoover Air Cordless Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner also uses the WindTunnel 3 technology which is great for cleaning carpets effectively.
It is also a bagless cleaner that saves time as well as money for the users on buying bags over and over. This machine is also lightweight to ensure that it can easily be moved around the house and provides ease of operation to the users. With this features, we can say that this could also be one of the best vacuum for carpet.
#6. Bissel with OnePass-Most Fast & Easy Cleaning Corded Vacuum
The Bissel 9595A Vacuum with OnePass is an upright cleaner that is one of the most affordable among the others in this list. But don’t underestimate this machine for being low priced as it still offers great services when it comes to cleaning the household.
It has a 25 feet long cord which is great for going around different areas. It works on carpeted floors as well as hardwood floors.
It is also a great cleaning equipment for cleaning upholsteries and even stairs; all in all, it is a versatile vacuum cleaner. The hose that comes with it is great for hard to reach areas and other places that need powerful suction. It also comes with a reusable and washable filter which will absolutely lessen the expenses for the users.
Its innovative brush tool is designed to accumulate and pick up dirt and dust in just one pass and has been proven to very effective by its existing users.
This saves time from going back and forth in one area as everything will be sucked right away by the Bissel 9595A Vacuum with OnePass.
This vacuum also rotates at almost 90 degrees. Its filters are also easy to use and empty after every use. The turbo brush tool is what makes it possible to clean other areas aside from the floors.
As you receive the package, it will include the brush, the Turbo brush as well as the crevice tool. And one of the best thing that users can enjoy would be its cyclonic action technology and the bagless system where in the suction capabilities are always maintained even the dirt been is already almost full.
Buying Guide Tips for Best Vacuum for Carpet and Hardwood Floors
When it comes to deciding which product to choose for cleaning carpeted areas as well as hardwood floors, there are certain things that need to be considered. This will help you achieve better cleaning solutions and also the best deal for your money.
- HEPA Filters: This feature is best considered as it can filter the tiniest particles of dirt. This would also include dust and pet hair and makes the household free from inhaling what you are actually vacuuming, which promotes clean air to breathe. If there is anyone in the family who may allergies, choosing a HEPA filtration for the vacuum would be a wise choice.
- Swivel Wheels: Some cleaners can be easily rotated to make the cleaning even more efficient and less of a hassle. Some machines may not have this feature while others provide the ability to let the vacuum swivel fully so that it would be faster to reach the other areas.
- Weight: Some vacuum cleaners are lighter than the other which makes it better when moving around and faster cleaning. Some can be used to clean the walls and ceiling which makes lightweight cleaners even better options.
- Corded or Cordless: Some users prefer cordless vacuums since they do not want to have to mind the cords following them especially if it’s not long enough. However, since this also limits the amount of cleaning time, some wouldn’t mind corded vacuums at all. Corded vacuums can be used until you are done cleaning the whole area not having to worry about getting a low battery.
With these different vacuum cleaners mentioned, it sure is hard to decide right away which one would work best for your specific needs. However, if you will be able to compare products based on the features that you’re looking for as well as the budget that you are willing to spend, your choices will surely become less and it would be easier to choose the right cleaner.
Some of the best vacuum for carpet is really expensive for its added features while some that are cheaper may not necessarily mean that they are not great products as well.
Overall, we can suggest that the best vacuum for carpet and hardwood floors should be the one that’s right for your budget, has the features you are looking for, easy to operate, versatile and provides less hassle when storing.