It is our goal to provide you with the best products that you can choose from when it comes to the best cordless vacuums in the market as of today. The list of products that we have here is chosen based on their performance, features and actual reviews from real customers.
When it comes to keeping the house clean, the type of equipment that has been trusted by customers for a very long time would be a vacuum cleaner.
Nowadays, you’ll find so many brands and models to choose from and each of them has their own features that make it outstanding from the rest.
Cordless vacuum cleaners are indeed a very versatile type of cleaning equipment that everybody must own. If you happen to be looking for a new one, whether you’re very first or an upgrade, check out our list and surely you’ll be able to find one that can deliver to your needs.
A Quick Look on Our Best Cordless Vacuums Cleaner
- The Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum is best used for cleaning carpets and hardwood floors. It is rechargeable and light weight which makes it easier to move around the house.
- For edge to edge cleaning that hassles free, the Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum would be a great choice to consider. With up to 20 minutes of powerful suction, cleaning the house has never been easier.
- No need to worry about tough dirt at home with Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum. It provides more power for cleaning as well as removing pet hair from the house.
- The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright is a versatile cleaner that also works on ceilings. It has a swivel steering which makes it easier to bring around and do its job.
- The Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Air Cordless features an exclusive WindTunnel 2 Technology where in it lifts and removes surface debris as well as deep and embedded dirt in the house over time.
- The Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner uses 18 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery that provides a powerful performance without having to worry about the cord. Easily switch from cleaning the hard floor to carpet.
- This lightweight cordless vacuum has an extended-reach tool for easier cleaning. The BISSELL BOLT ION Plus 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum uses their very own EdgeReach Technology to provide better cleaner especially for hard to reach areas in the house.
- The Exclusive WindTunnel 3 Technology from the Hoover Air Cordless Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner has 3 channels to ensure removal of deep down dirt. It also has a reusable Easy Rinse Filter to save you from buying new ones every now and then.
- The Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner offers a highly-maneuverable stick for better cleaning experience. Its washable dust collector makes it easy to maintain and ready for use the next time you are about to clean. This vacuum cleaner also offers an 18-month warranty to ensure that users will not have any problems with the machine.
- The BLACK + DECKER Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vacuum eliminates the need to bend every time you have the do the cleaning. It also features a translucent bagless dirt bin to easily see the dirt as well as emptying it.
Reviews of the Best Cordless Vacuums Cleaner in 2017
#1 Shark Navigator Freestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
One of the best cordless vacuum cleaners in the market right now is the Shark Navigator Freestyle. It offers both performance and affordability and has been one of the best choices to consider when buying a new one.
Maneuvering around the house has been made easy using this vacuum cleaner. It self-stands and is lightweight to make it easier to carry while doing the floors. It also has a large capacity for dirt collected and also easy to empty when it gets full.
For hardwood surfaces, minimize the possibility of getting any scratches or marks with its rubberized wheels. Charging time requires a little time which makes it available for next use in a matter of time.
- Rubberized wheels
- Works great on both carpets and hardwood floors
- Affordable price
- Short charging time
- Powerful suction
- Only about 17 minutes of usage time
- To be used as floor cleaner only
- A bit noisy
#2 Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum Cleaner
Although this particular vacuum cleaner doesn’t come cheap, you can expect better performance from it for sure. It weighs less than 5 pounds and won’t have any problems cleaning different types of floor including thick carpets.
Its Carbon fiber filaments make it easier to remove fine dust to make it more effective in cleaning. It has an excellent suction and taking all those pet hairs won’t be hard at all and allows the edge to edge cleaning.
Its battery usage run for about 20 minutes while charging takes three and a half hours. It also has a car detailing kit and a soft dusting brush but is sold separately.
- 20 minutes run time
- Less than 5 pounds
- Powerful suction
- Charging station is also a storage hook
- Can be used with one hand
- Dust bin capacity is small
- Takes longer to charge
#3 Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum Cleaner
Get the best from both worlds with the Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum. In its upright position, be able to clean the floors inside the house easily.
On the other hand, detach the wand and use it as a handheld cleaning device that can be used in the car and some upholstery at home.
Its floor to ceiling function makes it one of the best cordless cleaners in the market as of today. Its Direct-drive cleaner head provides deeper cleaning especially for thicker carpets to remove all dirt.
No need to buy a different cleaner for the stairs as it works perfectly fine in that area too.
- Portable and versatile vacuum cleaner
- Detachable head for easier cleaning
- Includes a wall mount docking station
- Can easily be stored
- 20 minutes of powerful suction
- 3.5 hours to charge
- Canister that holds the dust is small, needs to be emptied often
#4 Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright
The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright is another best buy when it comes to vacuum cleaners as it is affordable without sacrificing its best performance. No need to worry about even the tiniest particles on the floor as it can definitely do the job of cleaning well.
It can also turn in to a handheld vacuum and includes a pet hair cleaning tool, extension wand that can be used to reach under the furniture. It is a versatile vacuum cleaner that offers cleaning from floor to ceiling.
It weighs about 8 lbs which make it easy to carry around. The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright offers a limited 5-year warranty to its user which makes it undeniably effective for the job.
- Can be transformed in to a hand vacuum
- Can clean about 2 – 3 rooms before the dust bin becomes full
- Includes useful accessories such as car detail kit, dusting brush, pet upholstery tool and more
- Works with different types of flooring
- Suction is not so powerful
- A bit heavier than the other brands
- Takes more space during storage because of the additional accessories
#5 Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Air Cordless Handheld Vacuum
The WindTunnel Technology found in the Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Air Cordless features a brush roll that has its own motor. This means that it has more power and effective for cleaning.
This vacuum cleaner can be used as both stick vacuum, and be able to cover most floor area, and as a handheld vacuum cleaner to be able to clean other surfaces such as inside the car or furniture.
Turn the brush roll on and off with ease when cleaning different parts of the house including the stairs. Its Multi-Floor Electronic Brush roll can instantly switch from cleaning carpets to hard floors by just touching the button.
- steerable technology
- LED lights indicator
- 2 years warranty
- 20 volt lithium ion battery
- Can be used as handheld and as a stick vacuum
- Takes 9 hours to charge
- A bit noisy
- No attachment available for pet hair removal
- 15 minutes run time
#6 Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This versatile vacuum cleaner is designed to perform its best for everyday cleaning. Its cordless features make it possible to roam around the place without having the need to worry about the cords limitation as well as tangled wires.
The Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner works with both carpeted floors and hardwood floors which mean you are not required to purchase a separate cleaner for your different floor types.
All the buttons are conveniently positioned to where your hands rest for easier access. Also, never guess of how much battery life you have remaining as the fuel gauge will inform you of the remaining time before it goes empty.
- Excellent suction power
- Works well with pet hairs
- Washable filter
- Can be stored easily
- Removable battery, best for charging
- Takes 3 hours to fully charge
- About 15 minutes of usage
#7 BISSELL BOLT ION Plus 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum
BISSELL BOLT ION Plus 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum is an easy to use vacuum cleaner and is currently one of the best cordless vacuums cleaners that you can find in the market. It offers 30 minutes of usage time which gives you more time for cleaning.
Removing the hand vacuum makes it easier to clean above floor surfaces; you can also attach the extended reach tool so that you can reach the ceiling for better cleaning.
With its EdgeReach Technology, the user will be able to maximize their vacuum cleaners with better suction capabilities as well as capturing dirt even from stubborn corners. This lightweight vacuum cleaner also has a removable handheld vacuum for cleaning hard to reach areas.
- 18 volts battery for superior suction
- Works as a stick and handheld vacuum cleaner
- Foldable handle great for cleaning and storage purposes
- 30 minutes run time
- 2 year limited warranty
- Poorly built
- Small dust bin capacity
#8 Hoover Air Cordless Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The Hoover Air Cordless Series Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner uses Lithium Life Battery Technology for better power while cleaning. With 2 batteries included, users will be able to get an average of 50 minutes of cleaning time which is enough to clean the house.
It works on carpets and wood floors with the help of WindTunnel 3 Technology to make it more efficient. Its powerful suction capabilities, as well as its high capacity and easy to empty dirt cup, can hold up to 1.05 liters of dirt.
It also has reusable filters to save you money from buying all the time. It also includes a 2-in-1 dusting and crevice tool for cleaning the crevices, vents as well as furniture surfaces.
- It comes with 2 batteries in the package
- Powerful suction
- Large dirt bin capacity
- Longer battery life
- Expensive compared to other of the same category
- may trap larger debris
#9 Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Does the name Anker sound familiar to you? They are popular for manufacturing mobile power banks buy they too have recently ventured in to the world of cleaning equipments.
The Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner has a 2,000 mAh lithium ion battery and lasts for about 24 minutes of cleaning time when in full charge.
The Eco-mode extends the run time to 60 minutes which gives the user more time to use it. It’s Cyclonic System feature spins dust away from its motor; this avoids clogging to ensure powerful suction.
- absolutely affordable
- can be a handheld vacuum as well
- 24 minutes run time
- 18 month worry-free warranty
- Poor cleaning capabilities for carpets
- Provides short warranty
- Quite new in the market
#10 BLACK + DECKER Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vacuum
The BLACK + DECKER Cordless Dust Buster Hand Vacuum is very portable and lightweight which makes it a great cleaning buddy for different areas in the house.
It has a powerful suction and has a rotating nozzle that fits most small spaces. This eliminates the need to bend down as you can easily reach the areas that need to be cleaned. It is also battery operated and cordless type so there is no need to worry about the cords hanging around all the time.
The filter installed is also easy to clean and empty that makes the job easier while the see-through bagless dirt bowl makes it easy to see the dirt inside and won’t take much time to empty.
Picking up large dirt is done in a flash due to its wide mouth design. This is truly one of the best cordless vacuum cleaners to consider of you are looking for something that’s versatile and portable as well.
- Battery is good for about 19 minutes
- Powerful suction
- Can pick up large debris
- Handheld cleaner
- Not ideal for floor cleaning
Things To Consider Before Buying a Cord Free Vacuum Cleaner
When it comes to choosing the best cordless vacuums cleaner, there are different features that you can get and most of them are really helpful to make the cleaning process easier. Some of the brands are affordable while the other is quite expensive. To ensure that you get only the best for your money’s worth, here are some points to look at.
Check this guide from Which.co.uk.
When it comes to selecting the best cordless vacuums cleaner that’s fit for your needs, you will be presented with different models that may be confusing since they almost look all the same. The best way to start would always be to set the budget you’re willing to spend so that you can narrow down your choices. In reality, some of the best floor cleaners are not always the most expensive but the ones that can perform well.
Consider a vacuum cleaner that can perform its job not only on the floor but also for the car, ceiling and some upholstery; not only it saves you from buying another cleaning equipment but having only one to clean up the rest saves you time as well as space. Speaking of which, a vacuum cleaner that’s easy to store is a plus and should be one of your deciding factors to consider.
If possible, try to shop around and ask if you can try the cleaner first hand so that you get to know how they feel, perform, and most importantly be able to check the noise. Some are very loud when operating while some have less noise when in action.