Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Cary Crist
Summary: Cordless vacuums are perfect for stairs since they are easy to handle as there is no hassle of cable management. Here in this best handheld vacuum for stairs review, you will be shown two different cordless handheld vacuums for stairs, the best of their kind.
The 1st and the 2nd one can be used for every type of cleaning. That will be the best option for you if don’t have a vacuum already. If you have one already and planning to get another for your stairs, then I would suggest you choose from the rest.
There’s the inclusion of a corded handheld vacuum, in case you might want to check out them as you don’t mind the extra care that a corded one would need but you want it cheap.
Stairs can be tricky. A plain simple spot can be cleaned using any vacuum cleaner. But truly, stairs can be real tricky whenever you try to clean them. That’s why stairs need extra care and extra-keen glance if you are buying a new vacuum cleaner.
We have a thorough stair vacuum buying guide describing what matters the most while cleaning the stairs. You should check that out. If you already did and come to a decision that you should buy a handheld vacuum, applaud you, great choice.
Handheld vacuums are compact in size, lightweight, and easy to handle. And a vacuum for stairs must possess this significance’s to clean the stairs properly.
I will be suggesting some great handheld vacuums for stairs for the next couple of minutes. No matter which vacuum you choose, you must buy the one that can clean the slope surface of the stairs like shown in the picture beside.
The sloped surface of a stair is the most critical place to clean and it would be a disaster to clean this portion of a stair with your regular vacuum cleaner.
Dyson V6 Vacuum
- Brand – Dyson
- Color – Purple
- Hassle-free., Bagless
- Item Weight – 5 pounds
Shark Rocket Vacuum
- Brand – Shark
- Color – Orange
- Swivel steering
- Item Weight – 8 pounds
Eureka 71b Vacuum
- Brand – EUREKA
- Color – Easyclean-yellow
- Canister, Brush
- Item Weight – 4.85 pounds
Top 4 Best Handheld Vacuum For Stairs – Compared
#1 Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner Review – Editor’s Pick
This one is a little bit pricey, But the price comes with convenience.
This vacuum cleaner can be the mastermind cleaner of your house that can clean each and every nook and corner of your house.
If you do not own another vacuum and want to get your hand over that vacuum cleaner which is great for cleaning everything efficiently, the Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum cleaner will be the best choice for you undoubtedly.
- Maximum Motor Power: 350 W
- Cord Length: Cordless
- Weight: 4.9 lbs
- Cleaner Dimensions: 9.8″W x 48″L x 8.2″H
- Accessories: Detachable trigger facility.
- Powerful Cordless Vacuum: It is powered by a powerful V6 digital motor and backed by a great battery.
- Powerful Suction: It spins up to 110,000 times a minute thus being capable of drawing 4 gallons of air every second. It ensures the most powerful suction that will beat out the dirt from your carpet.
- The most powerful motor: The Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum cleaner motor rotates much faster than the conventional motors. And you know what? It is 10 times faster than the engine of a Boeing 747 aircraft! It is the reason for the most powerful suction.
- All In One Cleaner: As said earlier, it is the all-in-one vacuum cleaner that can ease all of your cleaning necessities. While other vacuum cleaners remain confined to the floor, the Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum cleaner can clean down below to high up and in between everything you have got.
- Easier To Handle: Heavier components like the motor, cyclones, and battery are located near the handle. This draws the center of gravity to the easier side. That makes the machine very easier to handle whether you holding it upwards or straight.
- VERSATILE: The Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum cleaner is very much versatile with the transformation like the transformers. It has come with different adjustments that can be joined or disjointed with just a click. It will transform into a simple little handheld vacuum cleaner with just a click. Great for stairs.
- Master Cleanser: It is capable of sucking very little allergen of 0.3 microns. Let aside the thought that whether it can suck other particles or not. It will.
- Different Cleaner Head For Various Type Of Surfaces: Don’t worry about what type of floor you have- carpet, hardwood, tile, stone, or linoleum.
An All In One Vacuum Cleaner – You Will No need To Buy Any Other Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson V6 is a jack of all trades. It efficiently eases your every cleaning need, very easily. The lifetime of the Dyson V6 cordless vacuum cleaner is surprisingly great.
So if you are a newly married person or starting a household of your own for the very first time, it will be a great investment that’d keep your home clean.
#2 Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum (HV302) Review – The Smart Choice
You may be thinking it has the name upright in its name.
Why is it the best handheld vacuum for stairs review then?
It’s because the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright vacuum can be converted into a handheld vacuum just by ripping the top off. It is my alternate suggestion for Dyson V6. It is another all-doer like the Dyson V6 but it is corded.
If you like the single all-in-all performance of the Dyson V6 but the price range is a little too high for you, you should buy this Shark Rocket Ultra-Light vacuum. It will lessen the cost by bringing the effort of cable management in.
But this is what you want, a relatively cheaper vacuum cleaner that will do all household cleaning. Moreover, probably it is the most comfortable vacuum cleaner to use that is available now.
- Great Suction: It is the most comfortable vacuum cleaner, yet enriched with great suction power. Ensures the primary requirements of a vacuum cleaner perfectly.
- ROCKET TECHNOLOGY: Extra weight can be painful, even if it is a little extra- when it is a vacuum cleaner. Shark engineers re-invented the optimal structure of vacuum cutting every extra weight carrier. No compromise in efficiency, but extra lightweight to hold longer.
- Ergonomic Handle: Rubberized handle built keeping the human hand shape in mind. Shark Corp. is really good regarding the comfort of using their vacuum cleaner
- Easy to Empty The Dirt Holder: Hold the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front to empty. No extra hassle, no need to touch the dirt with your hand.
- Convenient Storage Innovation: Slot on the bottom of the dust cup that hooks onto the bottom of the wand or onto a wall with the wall mount
- Lightweight: It is very lightweight. Whenever it comes to comfort, the Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright vacuum leaves another way behind.
Probably The Most Comfortable Vacuum Existing In The Present Time.
The Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum (HV302) can be the one that can assist you all the way to clean all parts of your house. You can get almost the service the Dyson V6 would provide, cheaper.
It is possible cause it is corded. If you don’t mind the extra cord, this is the perfect choice for you if you need a vacuum that will clean all portions of your home.
And as I said earlier, it is probably the most comfortable vacuum cleaner right now.
#3 Black & Decker Dustbuster Cordless Lithium Hand Vacuum Review – Best For Portability
You may find other cordless vacuums that are enriched with black & decker dustbuster, but the black & decker blows away others with respect to its battery. Its tummy holds one great battery that will ease your life.
This is one great cordless vacuum cleaner. Great compact size, good for portability. Lightweight and small, an ideal cordless vacuum for stairs. Easy to use, need no extra effort to clean stairs.
And also a different type of head accessories ensures total cleans of your stairs.
- Air Watts: 18.2 Watts
- Power: 14.4 (Max: 16V)
- Cord Length: Cordless
- CAPACITY: 20.6 oz
In The Box
- Hand vacuum
- On-board, extendable crevice tool
- On-board, flip-up brush
- Washable filter (model VF110)
- Washable pre-filter
- Wall mount bracket
- Always Ready: We don’t use a vacuum on an acute regular basis. We use it with a minimal interval and that’s why the usual ordinate battery holder vacuums get wasted eventually. The black and decker are not gonna disappoint you that way. Its battery will hold the charge for up to 18 months. So keep aside all the tension about battery life.
- Li-Ion Battery: Usual vacuums are filled with li-Po battery. Li-Po battery is not bad but it needs continuous care and charging on a regular basis. The black & decker dustbuster has come with a Li-Ion battery that is devoid of that inconvenience.
- Lightweight: It is very lightweight so very much appropriate for the usage on stairs.
- Energy saver: It saves up to 50% energy.
- Accessories: A Rotating slim nozzle for a variety of applications.
True portability makes it unique for the stairs with the extension of a great battery life
The black & decker is specially built for stairs.
It will not satisfy you whenever you try to clean other portions of your home.
But take my word, in the case of cleaning stairs, it will blow away the other portable vacuum within this price range. It has possibly likely the best battery life and it is needed if you want to live a life devoid of weird hassle, right? Makes great sense.
#4 Eureka Easy Clean 71b Corded Handheld Vacuum Review – Budget Option
In this portion of the best handheld vacuum for stairs review, I will be giving you the perfect optimal solution for stairs-only cleaning.
If extra cord won’t bother you, but you crave something cheaper that will compete strongly with the cordless ones. There comes Eureka’s easy clean 71b corded handheld vacuum cleaner.
It is outstandingly cheap and surprisingly good in quality.
- Power: 5.5 amps
- Cord Length: 20 ft.
- Cleaning Path Width: 6 in.
- Weight: 4.8 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 7 lbs.
- Cleaner Dimensions: 7″W x 15″L x 8″H
- Accessories: long secure hose
I was telling about it contending honorably with the cordless ones, see how below
- Stronger Suction: It possesses incredibly strong suction even in this price range.
- Stairs Are Its’ Specialty: It is specially designed for stairs. No other vacuum felt as much comfortable as the eureka 71b while cleaning stairs, especially the edges and the slopes.
- Very Lightweight: The Eureka easy clean 71b is lightweight, only 4.8 pounds, so great for stairs. Probably the greatest at this price point.
- Long cord: If you buy a corded vacuum for stairs, it must not be the one with the shorter cord. The Eureka easy clean 71b comes with a good quality 20 feet long cord. Great for stairs.
- Compact In Size, Portable: Moreover, the cord can be twisted thus giving it a very compact structure. You can store it anywhere.
- Two Motors: There are two motors in the Eureka easy clean 71b, one is used for revolving brush, and the other powers the suction.
The Cheapest, Yet Powerful
It is the cheapest vacuum that can clean stairs effectively with its marvelously engineered model structure.
Lower frontal part for the upper part of stairs, front-facing part for the slope of stairs. The long hose that can be attached with it ensures the cleanse of edges and the junction of two stairs, making it the cheapest but great solution when it comes to cleaning your stairs.
I am assuming you have already got which you should buy. I am sure that this best handheld vacuum for stairs article has shown you the enlightened path. Be clean, be smart.